As we get closer to the festive period, its important to know your alcohol limits.
Tips & Advice
Some tips for managing your drinking:
- eat before or while drinking and avoid salty snacks, which make you thirsty
- be assertive – don’t be pressured into drinking more than you want to
- know your limits and stick to them
- stay busy, don’t just sit and drink
- try not to confuse large measures of alcohol with standard measures (for example, a glass of wine served at a party or at home may be much larger than the standard 125ml)
- keep track of your drinks and don’t let people top up your drink until it’s finished
- try alternating alcoholic drinks with water or other non-alcoholic drinks
- add plenty of mixer to your drinks to make them last longer
- avoid rounds, ‘shouts’ and kitties – drink at your own pace, not someone else’s
- drink slowly – take sips, not gulps
- don’t mix alcohol with any other drugs, including prescription medication
HELP IS AVAILABLE
If you think you have a problem with drugs or alcohol help is
available. We’d rather see you clean and sober than unemployed.
Talk to your supervisor
Please review our Alcohol & Drug policy – If you have any questions please leave them within the comments section.